Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Friends

When we first moved to Swaziland, I was excited, a new home, new friends, I was excited to start school and our new life.I was excited just to be here, I had my other missionary friends...well, actually, I only had one person that was my age and a missionary, she was my best friend for so long! We did everything together, we played and talked about things that we couldn't talk about with other people, my relationship with God was great, and she had something to do with that, she was amazing!

When I started school I started hanging out with other people, but I was never as close to them as I was to her.But she didn't go to my school, she didn't even go to a school, she was home schooled. That didn't stop us from being best friends though.

I was in grade 5, a grade when most girls need their friends most of all, I needed my friend most of all! My parents were having trouble at work, and my friend's parents and my parents worked together. My parents were talking about doing other things, outside of the ministry they were in, and I thought it sounded great! But the ministry they were in needed them to stay focused on their work, and my parents agreed to stay focused. In my parent's hearts, they new that God wanted them to be doing something different though, and they had to obey God so after a while they left.

The relationship I had with my best friend, seemed to leave with my parents. I stopped going over, and started hanging out with friends from school, I didn't have anyone else! I am in grade 7 now, and my old best friend is gone, she moved back to the States with her family when her grand father died, she moved earlier this year. I still don't have a christian best friend, I barely even have a christian friend, and a person needs a christian friend to help them stay strong in their faith. I was ready to give up, but I know that God is my Friend, and that He loves and cares for me, and in His timing He will give me a new best friend!

1 comment: